I've fallen in love with all the cute little terrariums I've been seeing around online and in a lot of stores. But man are they expensive! I've seen some run about $50! So I decided to try to make one myself. I definitely do not have a green thumb. I've never been able to keep a plant alive very long, but these seem pretty low maintenance.
Here's what you need:
1. Cactus Potting Mix
2. Planting Charcoal
4. Cute Container
*optional: decorative miniatures* I got my little piggy from a craft fair.
• Start by adding a layer of gravel at the bottom of your container for drainage
• Then add a layer of charcoal and enough potting soil to be able to completely over the roots of your plants
• Plant your succulents in the soil
• Add your moss over the top of the soil and any decorations you like
• Lastly spritz your plants with a little water
I found everything to make my terrarium at Home Depot except my container. I found that at Jo-Ann's. I love how it turned out and it looks so cute in my bathroom! I totally need to make more now that I have all the supplies. These would make really cute gifts and it only took me about 30 minutes to do.
I'd love to see any terrariums that you make. Tag me in your instagram photos at @MeanRightHookDesigns